See you @ the instructors team
We are looking for a Flutter sensei who'd like to set off on a journey along the paths of education. We are currently searching for a person who will work as a Flutter tutor during training for Japanese companies (remotely, from our office in Poznań or even from Tokyo).
Interested? Read more.
What do we do & Who are we?
We provide online software development courses. We prepare lessons materials and exercises, we lecture and teach, discuss with students, code with them, consult and take care of effective knowledge absorption in a great atmosphere during each meeting 🥳.
Each course is totally different - several levels, various participants, and many kinds of support. We are always meeting new people and new problems. Trust us - there is no way for you will feel bored 😎
We provide online courses for people from all over the world 🌍 So far we have focused mostly on Japan but we need you to help us scale our team so we can do more amazing stuff. In the future (depending on the pandemic situation), we also would like to organize regular trips to Japan where you will be able to connect work and travel.
What does a typical course day look like?
We meet with students on Zoom and start with some small talk about the exercises from the previous day. Later we begin a new subject with a lecture and live coding to present the core concepts of software development. During each lecture, we provide a Q&A session, at the end of which we share exercises related to the topic discussed.
While the students work on their exercises we have time to observe their progress, help them and discuss individually. We spend most of our day solving exercises together with our course participants.
In the end, we have time to prepare ourselves for the next day, to check exercises, and make comments that help students to identify their mistakes.
Working at AppUnite, you will:
- be responsible for creating lesson materials based on official documentation, popular articles, and your own experience,
- work as a teacher, consultant, support, or software development team member - your work will depend on the type of course,
- play a significant role in shaping and developing the course plan,
- be involved in the process of designing UI and UX for different types of materials from simple exercises to long-term projects,
- Rather than having a list of tasks, we jointly define priorities, goals, and find ways to address the needs of our audience. We also have a lot of autonomy when it comes to deciding what to work on each week.
You would be the ideal fit for our team if you:
- have the need to learn all the time. You may lack the knowledge but you should not lack the motivation to learn,
- have some commercial experience in building Flutter,
- have good problem-solving skills,
- have a good English level (B2=<). All provided courses are in English,
- have a positive attitude towards teaching, open-minded character, and communication skills. As a teacher, you have to know how to detect students' problems and help in solving them. Any kind of experience in education is valuable.
If you …
are ready to fly to Japan for at least 10 weeks and teach on-site.
… it will also be great!
Don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet these requirements fully. We will support you in learning and catching up.
Our recruitment idea
We have projects from different sectors, using a variety of technology stacks, startup or enterprise environments, and in different phases of the product life cycle which require different skills and levels of experience from candidates. You can switch teams, but by mutual agreement between you and your leaders - it's all about discussion. This means that you won't be thrown into "projects” for a week and switch between them weekly, which sometimes happens in traditional software houses. Instead, you can plan your career path with us, since when you want to switch your technology, sector, team, or position, we will support you. Moreover, even after you switch, we can still support your career growth because we will know your story, needs, and expectations. You can apply for a position that seems interesting to you and in which you meet the requirements, then we will help you find the best fit during the recruitment process. We will help you decide on an open position which matches your background and experience during the walkthrough.
What does the recruitment process look like?
- Video interview with People Team.
- If everything goes smoothly - you’ll be invited to a technical challenge.
- If any other step of the recruitment process is necessary, we will inform you.
- And finally, the decision, after which we can say “welcome on board.”