Join our team at AppUnite, one of the fastest-growing companies in Europe and help strengthen our reputation by promoting the AppUnite brand globally. We are a product-oriented software development company. We create bespoke teams responsible for our clients products - from the concept stages, through development, up to market launch. Our purpose is to revolutionize software design, development, delivery and build products that challenge the status quo.
Who are we?
Not a software-house for sure, not a product company either. We try to take the best from both of these approaches. We build deep, long-last relationships based on mutual trust. Our clients have insight into the smallest details of our work and direct communication channels create a feeling of sitting next to the team. We foster a spirit of collaboration and try to work as one team with one goal.
We are a goal-oriented, highly specialized group of engineers developing product for one of Poland's biggest e-commerce company.
On job boards, you can often see that having an influence is advertised as a benefit. Well, we think that this is a good start. For us, your impact is actually desirable and required. We believe that mutual and honest feedback will allow us to build a better team, better product and is a great opportunity for personal growth.
We work, succeed and fail as a team. We are eager to help each other in difficult moments. In terms of teamwork, let's talk about another, often mentioned perk - code review. Of course, we also do it on a daily basis, but again this is only a starting point. We often work collectively on a matter with such tools as pair-programming or Event Storming. In such conditions, obligatory code review becomes redundant, it's just a tool.
We foster a culture of learning and experimentation. You will be able to validate your ideas on the production from day one. Do you think that tuning that query will reduce page load time by 50%? Or maybe changing the placement of that button will boost product conversion rates vastly? No problem, let's check and measure that!
Of course, everyone makes bad calls sometimes. This is natural and there is nothing wrong with that. The worst thing would be not learning those lessons and keeping that knowledge for yourself.
What do we do?
We are giving millions of Poles the ability to buy and sell a vast variety of things. From a pencil to a car, from common, everyday items to real rare aves. Lightweight and convenient process, tailor-made for casual sellers, safety built-in the product DNA and competitive prices - these are key attributes that describe our approach.
We want to redefine customer experience and be the largest C2C marketplace in Poland.
Can we count on you?
- Be proficient in Swift and Xcode,
- Have a software engineering background with an understanding of computer science foundations,
- Have professional experience in developing for the iOS platform,
- Have strong communication skills,
- Be attentive to details,
- Be willing to constantly learn and improve your "soft" and technical skills,
- Have courage and willingness to try to use modern techniques in the existing software
- Be communicative in written and spoken Polish and English,
- Please have experience in an e-commerce project (good to have, but it is not a must).
How you will make an impact as a Member of our Team
- You'll collaborate with a team of product managers, designers, QA, data analysts and other developers to develop a native iOS mobile app,
- You'll be included in decision-making and will weigh in on balancing factors like scope, complexity, and timing,
- You'll architect your code in a way that encourages and allows for flexible, modular, and reusable code,
- You'll encourage growth within the team by participating in mentorship, knowledge sharing, and thorough code reviews,
- You'll help keep our apps robust by writing tests, monitoring, reporting, and troubleshooting bugs,
- You'll make sure your decisions and statuses are well propagated over the whole Product Family to make sure everyone is on the same page.
What does the recruitment process look like?
- An Email from our recruitment team if your application meet our requirements,
- Call with the recruiter to check our mission & values match,
- Technical discussion with the team.
- Flexible office hours and possible remote work.
- MacBook Pro.
- Private Medical Care.
- Private Life Insurance.
- Paid vacation and sick leave.
- Multisport card.
- Free group English lessons with native speakers and other members of AppUnite.
- An opportunity to work from our Workation mansion wherever it is located (i.e., Thailand, Portugal).
- Freedom to co-organize and/or attend any internal or public AppUnite events, like board game/poker meetups, afterparty events.
- Co-financed software conference attendance.
- Freedom to participate in any weekly initiatives/R&D/code review/internal meetups.
- Access to and an opportunity to shape AppUnite’s employee guidebook explains our internal processes and makes them transparent.